Contracts Manager (Scaffolding)
Competitive Salary + Benefits
The UK's largest provider of commercial scaffolding and access solutions are looking to appoint a highly competent Contracts Manager based from their Aberdeen branch.
Remuneration: We recognise that an exceptional team deserves an exceptional package. Therefore, our client offers a market leading salary complemented by an excellent benefits package.
To oversee management of projects and ensure they are run and completed in accordance with the agreed contract terms, company procedures, with excellent customer service and within budget.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Completion of contracts, within company procedures, to programme and within budget
- Achievement of targets set for revenue, labour costs, profit and AFR
- Ensure quality workmanship and customer service, with high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with company procedures
- The safeguarding of company equipment and materials
- Promote a safety culture across project teams
- Manage and give leadership to the Site Service Managers and/or site teams, including recruiting and developing individuals
- Monitor progress to ensure that contracts are being progressed safely, within budget and to programme
- Oversee the recruitment and management of site based operatives, ensuring the optimum level of skill mix is maintained, quality workmanship and superior levels of customer service are provided on site, maximum productivity is obtained and employee relations issues are resolved
- Ensure effective communication between the branch and site teams
- Attend site where required, promoting a positive image of the company to customers and employees
- Ensure all employees, sub-contractors and visitors are in compliance with Health and Safety policies, procedures and practice
- Achieve the target AFR, ensuring that any accident or near miss is properly investigated and accurately recorded
- Foster positive customer relationships and resolve any customer issues arising to mutual satisfaction
- Ensure that regular scaffold inspections are carried out to monitor compliance with safety standards
- Ensure all works are completed to company standards prior to hand-over
- Ensure that all documentation is completed accurately and to the agreed timescales, (including timesheets and handover certificates)
- Provide any required support to the billing process
- Plan material and labour requirements for new jobs. Attend pre-contract meetings
- Provide information to the Regional Manager and/or Operations Manager for forecasting revenue
- Oversee control of labour costs. Ensure action plans are implemented to reduce labour where targets are being exceeded
- Provide information and reports as requested by the branch and central teams
- Support and promote a team culture and company values
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal Responsible to Operations Manager or Regional Manager. Liaising closely with colleagues in the branch, safety and operations teams.
External Key customer and site contacts.
Sound knowledge of site work, procedures, products and the application of health and safety. Experienced in managing employees. Able to build and maintain good customer and employee relationships. High level of self discipline and a clear commitment to achieving results. Ability to work under pressure. Can remain objective when dealing with and resolving conflict.